Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Well this has been an interesting Leap Day. Both good and bad.

We'll get the depressing part over with.
I found out today that 3 awesome people died recently.
1) Keeter- my high school French teacher. Not Mrs. Keeter, Keeter. Her favorite phrase was "because" as in "because I said so" She was definitely one of the major reasons I kept up with my French and eventually studied abroad in France. I couldn't believe it when someone had mentioned she died. :-(
2) Christine D.- Also a teacher from my school system. I believe she was a 3rd and/or 5th grade teacher at my elementary school, and some of my friends had her. But I also got the pleasure of working with her for a year. She recently had a baby boy, and in fact she is really young. I knew she had some health problems, but it is still very shocking. My thoughts are with her co-workers and family.
3) Although he is not as awesome as the two above people in my eyes, he was definitely still a part of my childhood entertainment. Davy Jones from the Monkees died of a heart attack today. He was only 66. That's pretty young. Just more shocking news.


Okay, now the positives.

My former college roommate posted a picture of the last Leap Day, which was our senior year in undergraduate. And it was U of I's most famous of holidays "Unofficial" (Stands for Unofficial St. Patrick's Day). It's basically an excuse to run around drunk all day. It was a nice reminder of the 'earlier days' and it is additional inspiration to live young! (it's hard when your live-in boyfriend goes to bed at 9pm because he wakes up for work at 4:30 am) We're bent on taking a tropical vacation soon!

I also was amazing myself and got up off my ass to do my 30 Day Shred work out. I gotta get sexier for my tropical vacation. 3 weeks. I know if I keep it up I'll notice some changes. I'm not looking for actual 30 day shred. I'm just looking to tone up a bit, have my pants fit better, and get into the habit of sweating every day. I just have to keep it up.

I've also been changing my skin and makeup routine a bit. I'm still trying a bunch of different skin care options, but I"m already seeing some change with my Neutrogena Stress Control Scrub. Again, I need to get sexy for my vacation. And for life. If anyone has any favorites or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below :-)

I did reward my working out with an Ulta purchase. I got a bunch of free stuff, so I'll probably post my haul when it comes in :-) Of course I cannot reward myself all the time with spending money so I need to find some other motivation. Apparently intrinsic motivation is not enough for me. I might have to use stickers.

I also have an awesome Speech activity that I did a few weeks ago, but I'll make a separate post for that later.

Happy Leap Day to all. Celebrate by taking a leap, doing something different and live young!

No comments: