Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January and such

Happy New Year everyone!
I hope everyone had a fun 2011 and that you're all ready for 2012.

Quarter 2 at Northwestern has begun, and so far so good.Tuesdays and Thursdays are stupid-long days (8am-6pm, not straight, but I am there all day). Lucky for me Wednesdays and Fridays only have 1 class, although I'm in the car longer than in class. It is what it is.

Now for updates on my resolutions!
-I actually went to the gym yesterday. I didn't do a great job working out, but I am a little sore, so that means I did something good! The main thing for me is that I actually got off my ass and went. Now I just need to continue.

-house, not as clean as it could be, but I should be by Friday *fingers crossed*

-Something I didn't include before, my book reading goals. Last year my goal was 65 books and I officially read 55 books ( about 5 of those are audiobooks, just to clarify) This year I'm hoping to read 50 books. School, unfortunately, takes away from both my time to read and my desire. I'm already a little behind, but it's been a crazy few weeks.

-Now for the really exciting one:
Birchbox! Here is a picture of what I received in my January box


Items in the box:
  • Juicy Couture- Juicy Couture perfume sample
  • Miracle Skin Transformer: treat & conceal (light/medium shade)
  • VMV Hypoallergenics: Re-everthing Eye Serum
  • Zoya Feel Collection in Megan (lavender-gray color love!)
  • 'wichcraft granola (great snack for in between my classes)
  • Birchbox magnet (to the fridge with you!)
I'd say it's a pretty good sampling for $10. I've heard a lot of complaining about people getting things they don't really want, but the Birchbox people can't read your mind. They can look at a little at your "beauty profile" but it's still all pretty much a grab bag.
I have heard great things about the Zoya polish and I was so excited that I have already painted my nails


I think half the fun of all of this is waiting for the box and speculating about what you might get. There are some fun communities out there that chat about it. I like it so far, I hope it continues to impress!

No comments: