Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random Thoughts...

Here are several random thoughts as I am trying... and not succeeding... to work on my thesis project in the phonetics lab.

-The clouds yesterday looked like the happy clouds from the Mario Bros games... and it just took me three tries to spell 'clouds' correctly... I'll blame it on the keyboard...

-OMG Facebook!

-I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. I've lost all connection I had with my thesis, and I feel like it will never get done. The grades for my transcript are due May 19th, but I still haven't gotten a straight answer on the whole getting departmental distinction. I'm sure I have to go talk to countless people about that.

-my left eye hates me.

-I have a whole crapton of things to do... and of course I'm far too unmotivated and lazy to get them done... thus me sitting here blogging.

-perhaps I will finally dye my hair tonight... after putting it off time and again over the weekend.

-I don't even know why I bother to put periods at the end of my "bullet points". I suppose they are complete sentences.

-I just used the phrase "OMG Facebook!" above didn't I? Crap.

-this is becoming rather Woody Allenesque. It's probably a good think that no one really reads this.

-I'm so lazy I don't even update my blog everyday like I've wanted to. I guess I never really have much to say anyway. i'm not really controversial, and my daily life of a linguist is not exactly dangerous or interesting... unless a new IPA symbol is created... then I suppose it could be both.... or if my thesis and random theories displease the chompsky-labov gods. then we have a problem....

-p.s. i'm not all that funny.

-they still have the posters up from the lab open house. my name will be mysteriously infamous among the lab crowd.

-i'm graduating in 3 weeks... holy crap. ohmygod help!

-I should start that Karma paper... I need to find a good source so I can extract long pointless quotes to fill the 10pages of BS that I'll end up writing.

-I really am not as self defeating as my post appears... in fact right now I'm being an egomaniac... as evident from the insanely long post based purely on my inner random thoughts....

- I suppose I should get some work done, so this trip to the lab is not entirely useless.

-perhaps i shall do this weekly... the random thoughts thing... perhaps some actually interesting and intellectually stimulating thoughts will emerge? we shall see!

-hey look at that! it's 4:15 on 4/15!

No comments: