Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Today's Project

Okay today's project (after school, of course) is dark chocolate cupcakes!
I am becoming known in many circles for my cupcakes, which is kinda cool, and a friend's mom called me to make some for a bridal shower for her work. She said she wanted chocolate, so I'm going to give her chocolate :-)

I am super excited about this recipe, it is from one of my favorite food blogs Brown Eyed Baker. She pairs it with a peanut butter frosting (yum!) But I'm still not sure which kind of frosting I'm going to use. I'm thinking good ol' homemade vanilla.

In other baking news, the SLP bake sale is coming up quickly (Oct. 19, 20, 21). I'm starting to gather some recipes for my bake-a-thon. I know I'm going to make some pumpkin whoopie pies, but I want another recipe... Perhaps if these dark chocolate cuppies go well I will make a marshmallow frosting and top it with some sea salt caramel.... Okay, now that I'm drooling all over the keyboard... Any other fall-inspired flavors? Should I do some fancy decorating? So many decisions!

Happy baking!

No comments: